Artificial intelligence used to diagnose PTSD by analyzing veterans' voices

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
I'm not too comfortable with their sample size for a supervised learning model.

Imagine splitting that number even lower for a train/test, otherwise you will just over fit your model and get a higher fake accuracy

The related article linked to this one suggests brain imaging has a 92% accuracy rate. Maybe the two combined, speech and brain imaging, could help diagnose PTSD.

But they still need to invent a machine with a bullshit detector to weed out the non-hacks working claims.

This seems sketchy as hell to me. I would think this is easily-fakable and could generate a lot of false positives... or more significantly, false negatives.

We took chloroquine-primaquine and dapsone. Still some people came down with malaria.

The side-effects of mefloquine are freaking scary.

We did mefloquine every Sunday.. Some interesting dreams

Worked with a guy who took mef in Iraq...Northern Iraq...in winter...ended up taking his Glock from him and a few weeks later, the camp Boss sent him packing. At his new location, he stopped taking the mef and returned to being productive to the effort.

Even in Africa, never touched that mefloquine crap.

I took everything they told me to, every time they told me to. Ten years after my seventh deployment, I'm beginning to wonder if some of the health issues I'm having now are related to drugs and/or the living environment from those times.

I took everything they told me to, every time they told me to. Ten years after my seventh deployment, I'm beginning to wonder if some of the health issues I'm having now are related to drugs and/or the living environment from those times.

Your 1SG failed you.

Class Action against the Canadian government started yesterday due to the use of troops in Somalia, used as Guinea pig's for Mefloquine.

Myself, as well as the majority of the CAF have taken Mefloquine over the years since. I worked in a building full of asbestos for years. The shit filled air I inhaled in Kabul. The list goes on.

I am positive that the environments we've all been ordered to and the substances ordered to put in our bodies; play a huge part in our health. More than our governments are willing to admit.

Back