Civilian Marksmanship Program

• Thread starter Thread starter DC
  • Start date Start date

DC

Navy Diver
SOF Support
Anyone here familiar with the CMP? I recently joined a shooting club that has CMP membership. Interested in the 1911 and M1 purchase.

There's a CMP shop an hour or so down the road from my parents' house. I was going to go there with my dad and brother-in-law and check out the M1s (since's it's one of the only rifles I want, that I can actually have in New York). But when I saw the prices I was like "no thanks." That much money for that old of a gun?

There's a CMP shop an hour or so down the road from my parents' house. I was going to go there with my dad and brother-in-law and check out the M1s (since's it's one of the only rifles I want, that I can actually have in New York). But when I saw the prices I was like "no thanks." That much money for that old of a gun?
The reason I don't own one yet.:thumbsup:

Fulton Armory builds Garands nice that are not much more than a beaten POS from CMP. The gov just got back some from Turkey that were on loan. That may replenish the stock...who knows. I will have to see how the 1911 deal goes.

Was going more for the vintage.

I get that, but if you're looking for just a pewpew rifle, you still need to compare a semi-automatic gas operated rifle in 30-06 against what else you're looking at. Most other options in similar heavy calibers are going to run about the same as a mid-grade for starting cost, before you start getting all jizzywhack with it.

Yea had eyeball in the tanker in 762. 👍🏾 Miss the free ammo daze

Back