Cross Service

Mike Sullivan

Verified Military
Gents,
I'm an Osprey Crew Chief, and I recently heard a story about an old friend. Apparently he received orders to the 160th while still an active duty Marine. Is there any truth to this? If so, is this route still a possibility, can other services apply for a job with the 160th?

Last edited:
Gents,
I'm an Osprey Crew Chief, and I recently heard a story about an old friend. Apparently he received orders to the 160th while still an active duty Marine. Is there any truth to this? If so, is this route still a possibility, can other services apply for a job with the 160th?

That would be interesting. I don't know that the 160th even uses airframes that the USMC also flies.

I don't believe that they do have any common aircraft, unless the 160th has some undisclosed aircraft. My guess is that, if his story is true, he would be retrained as either a chinook or blackhawk guy.

My guess is that this is not true. I was in the 160th for a little over 5 years. 160th is only Active Duty Army guys. I left a few years ago due to going to flight school though so maybe it's a freak opportunity but I'd be willing to bet my pay check that it's not true.

Back