D-Day to Victory Interactive Documentary

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Here's a great documentary series showing the D-Day Allied assault and the push to the end of the war.

http://www.ddaytovictory.ca/

OVERVIEW

D-Day to Victory Interactive is an online documentary experience recreating the WWII final assault on Nazi-occupied Europe. A transmedia extension to the History Television and Channel4 documentary series, the site features many additional and poignant veteran interviews, and traces the Allied journey from the D-Day invasion of Normandy to the siege of Berlin. The site also allows users to engage in virtual commemoration and online sharing of several veterans’ stories who may be telling them for the last time.
PROJECT BRIEF

The producers of D-Day to Victory wanted their audience to learn more about the WWII Allied invasion’s key battles and commemorate and share stories of heroes from different countries, including Canada, the United States, Britain and Russia.
The main technical objectives were to transform the show’s groundbreaking real weaponry and explosives demos into 3D animation and create an innovative graphical map interface that includes a narrative walkthrough.

I found it from randomly watching one of the episodes on History Channel. It has some of the most candid interviews I've seen filmed or at least made public; both inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time.

Yes, I think the interviews make it such a strong piece to watch, and interact with. I've really been disappointed with the programing on the History Channel, of late. They have been filling the bulk of their air time with "reality" shit, like the all important "pawn stars" series. As a result my remote thumb is conditioned to stop instead in the area of : The Military Channel, History 2, and Nat. Geo. Oh well, the ratings rule, don't they. Thanks again for your D-Day posting, I would have missed all together without your help.

RF 1

Yes, I think the interviews make it such a strong piece to watch, and interact with. I've really been disappointed with the programing on the History Channel, of late. They have been filling the bulk of their air time with "reality" shit, like the all important "pawn stars" series. As a result my remote thumb is conditioned to stop instead in the area of : The Military Channel, History 2, and Nat. Geo. Oh well, the ratings rule, don't they. Thanks again for your D-Day posting, I would have missed all together without your help.

RF 1

It seems thats the trend for every previously educational channel. I'm not sure I'm not the only one who fed their early, though maybe not early in the case of most of the board :-" , need to learn watching The Discovery, History, and The National Geographical Channels. Thanks for the link!

Back