DA368 conditional release

waterboy1836

Unverified
Just wondering is anyone has seen a DA368 (conditional release) work for switching active Army to active Air Force?

Btw I'm a 13F looking at into TACP

My buddy just told me about this, just looking to see if that's even possible.

And regards to 35m, I'm open to a lot of jobs, just looking at all my options and deciding what's best for me.

Didn't the AF open up 50 or so slots for Green to Blue, provided they went into certain AFSC's? I'd be surprised if those weren't already filled, but it doesn't hurt to look into them. Someone has to oversee that program, they won't have it in the hands of recruiters. If you could find that person's office, a phone call wouldn't hurt.

You need to understand: the AF is cutting Airmen, it is very reluctant to bring in an "outsider." Combine with the AF and Army's animosity towards one another and you have a long row to hoe. The AF would leave those slots unfilled (and has) before it would willingly take a branch transfer.

Didn't the AF open up 50 or so slots for Green to Blue, provided they went into certain AFSC's? I'd be surprised if those weren't already filled, but it doesn't hurt to look into them. Someone has to oversee that program, they won't have it in the hands of recruiters. If you could find that person's office, a phone call wouldn't hurt.

You need to understand: the AF is cutting Airmen, it is very reluctant to bring in an "outsider." Combine with the AF and Army's animosity towards one another and you have a long row to hoe. The AF would leave those slots unfilled (and has) before it would willingly take a branch transfer.

To add to what Free is saying, the weekly headline topic in the Air Force Times, is pure gloom and doom. Manpower is being reduced, and promotions are getting harder. Airmen are and slots are being cut almost in every ASFC. The USAF will pull from current active duty members first to fill needed/critical ASFC's. From USAF publications I have been reading, "AF Times", and "Air Force Magazine", that is and has been going on. Green to Blue slots did open up, but I can't recall the numbers.

Back