Demise of the Green Berets?- From Military.com

"Evisceration?" WTF, didn't each of the active duty Groups just get a whole other battalion, plus some additional support bubbas? :uhh: Shit, I wish my unit would get "eviscerated" like that.

No shit! I just lost my few 18CMF allocations for that very reason. Branch and SWC were not about to listen to my sad story - and I don't blame them.

Manpower-wise - SF is gonna be pretty healthy, pretty soon.

The email is more like SOF mag looking for subscribers and the 'joint' folks looking for money....IMO

This is an old 'non-issue' and was rebuffed by USSOCOM a long time ago....;)

}:-)

I have served with a number of the VOSF directors. A number of others I know from being around Fort Bragg.

Just because a senior officer has a long tab does not make them really SF at their core thought process. Since when the late Robin Moore wrote 'The Green Berets' there have been officers that have used SF as a ticket punch.

The document was specific in being a rebuttal to a USSOCOM document well over three years ago.

I can't understand how SOF keeps going. When I was writing for it in the 80's there were some reputable people like Jim Morris and other really good writers contributing by lined articles. Since then the topical and technical nature of the magazine has declined.

Guest was also known for his statement, the he wanted to make SF the best "light infantry" in the world.

With a statement like that, I'm wondering how he ever got his tab to begin with. :uhh:

Makes RETPARA's statement pretty spot on.

Back