Disgraced sailor who went to federal prison for taking photos of classified areas inside a nuclear submarine is being considered for pardon by Justice

Actually he may have been a mess cook and yes he probably didn’t know what’s classified. Submariners are weird.

This guy was on a sub and didn't know, or care, what was classified? Fail. He took a phone into a classified area? Double fail.

...and he knew it was wrong because (apparently) he tried to dispose of the evidence.

Actually he may have been a mess cook and yes he probably didn’t know what’s classified. Submariners are weird.

He was a machinist working in the engine room; he took pictures of the propulsion system.

Submariners may be weird but I don’t for a minute believe someone in that position wouldn’t know that was classified.

19ty7h.jpg

He was a machinist working in the engine room; he took pictures of the propulsion system.

Submariners may be weird but I don’t for a minute believe someone in that position wouldn’t know that was classified.
Have you been on one? I am not protecting this choad. I didn’t see the pics nor care. Having had to lock in and out along with sleeping in the bed of love( forward torpedo room) those fools can bring friggen wierd to a whole new level. Maybe he is a russian spy... or thinks he is.

Have you been on one? I am not protecting this choad. I didn’t see the pics nor care. Having had to lock in and out along with sleeping in the bed of love( forward torpedo room) those fools can bring friggen wierd to a whole new level. Maybe he is a russian spy... or thinks he is.

I haven’t, so fair point. But I knew what was classified in every unit I was ever in, so I have a hard time wrapping my head around someone in his position not knowing what was secret or when (or if!) taking pics was OK.

This is why we have investigations. This guy was investigated and the evidence supported a guilty conviction and federal prison. If there is a subsequent investigation that clears him or mitigates his crime, fine. But given how fast and loose people play with classified info I kind of think there ought to be more people in prison not fewer.

This is why we have investigations. This guy was investigated and the evidence supported a guilty conviction and federal prison. If there is a subsequent investigation that clears him or mitigates his crime, fine. But given how fast and loose people play with classified info I kind of think there ought to be more people in prison not fewer.

That’s what pisses me off. They train you. They warn you. You sign papers warning you to shut your cock holster. Then you ignore all that...and you don’t end up in jail?!

Back