R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
Ran into an interesting Tucker Carlson show. On it the guest had a very interesting viewpoint on history and how we view it. In it they covered a variety of topics from Jonestown, Churchill, and the Civil Rights movements, to name a few. The interview has gotten considerable backlash from the MSM and has been hidden in the search engines.

Tucker Carlson hosts 'historian' who promotes Nazi falsehoods on Holocaust
Liz Cheney rips Tucker Carlson in viral post

The podcaster Darryl Cooper is a former navy dude, who worked as a defense contractor, and read history books while stuck in his overseas hotel. I like to think of him as the Navy's version @AWP, but with a useful hobby. Figured I'd share it.

Part of why I'm posting a thread on this is I've noticed a disturbing trend. To start, I've been in and out of academia for a while now and have noticed something. The history that's being taught to students is watered down. Educators will contort history, lie by omission, and often outright lie to students. Old books and online sources, that used to be available, are starting to disappear. Which brings me to wonder why this distortion is happening.

Last edited:
The podcaster Darryl Cooper is a former navy dude, who worked as a defense contractor, and read history books while stuck in his overseas hotel. I like to think of him as the Navy's version @AWP, but with a useful hobby. Figured I'd share it.

I don't know if I'm flattered or insulted, maybe both, but I'll check it out all the same.

When you learn more about the founding of our country from the musical Hamilton than from history class, there's a problem.

History is written by the winners, sure, but also by those with a specific bias. Everyone likes to rave about Band of Brothers, and rightfully so, but it's riddled with errors because it was heavily influenced by Dick Winters. Everything should be read or studied in context.

Ran into an interesting Tucker Carlson show. On it the guest had a very interesting viewpoint on history and how we view it. In it they covered a variety of topics from Jonestown, Churchill, and the Civil Rights movements, to name a few. The interview has gotten considerable backlash from the MSM and has been hidden in the search engines.

Tucker Carlson hosts 'historian' who promotes Nazi falsehoods on Holocaust
Liz Cheney rips Tucker Carlson in viral post

Part of why I'm posting a thread on this is I've noticed a disturbing trend. To start, I've been in and out of academia for a while now and have noticed something. The history that's being taught to students is watered down. Educators will contort history, lie by omission, and often outright lie to students. Old books and online sources, that used to be available, are starting to disappear. Which brings me to wonder why this distortion is happening.

I made it about 6-7 minutes into that clown's bit on Churchill. Some of his takes outside of that segment are legit, but his whole message about Churchill being a warmonger and Hitler wanting peace...what a clown. I don't care to listen to anything of his.

After Dunkirk, Churchill didn't have a valid reason to continue the war? Hilarious.

I don't know if I'm flattered or insulted, maybe both, but I'll check it out all the same.
Figured I'd gently rib you a bit.

When you learn more about the founding of our country from the musical Hamilton than from history class, there's a problem.

History is written by the winners, sure, but also by those with a specific bias. Everyone likes to rave about Band of Brothers, and rightfully so, but it's riddled with errors because it was heavily influenced by Dick Winters. Everything should be read or studied in context.
Honestly, yeah. No one really teaches the German perspective on things. I'd really wish people knew more about the internal pressures that led to the German people to make the choices they made. I only took a gander and it was both disturbing and eye opening.

That said, with how things are at the colleges the rainbow hair brigade would paint Dick Winters as a Neo-Nazi. It's that bad.

@R.Caerbannog I'm not sure I understand why the origins of WW2 are forbidden to discuss. For me it’s pretty straightforward compared to the origins of WW1. Every book on that has a different angle and they’re all valid.
While the show covers WW2, I should have clarified that my observations are about what I've seen in academia. Through a variety of fields and subjects there is a distinct anti-Western and anti-European slant.

I'm taking a US history class right now. Last week, the main takeaway was that the puritans were evil, patriarchal, religious zealots, that violently oppressed women. This week, we're covering slavery in the Americas and it's been very white guilt-ish. As in we've glossed over the economic reasons for slavery, competing European powers, Africans selling Africans as slaves, and the man power shortage in the colonies.

I'm a first gen American and I was getting angry, but the class was basically taking it on the chin. They even shuffled outta the class looking defeated.

I made it about 6-7 minutes into that clown's bit on Churchill. Some of his takes outside of that segment are legit, but his whole message about Churchill being a warmonger and Hitler wanting peace...what a clown. I don't care to listen to anything of his.

After Dunkirk, Churchill didn't have a valid reason to continue the war? Hilarious.
I thought his thoughts into Israel pre-1948 were insightful. “I read six books, that’s a lot!” No real analysis there.
If he's been in a room by himself in Colombia, Mexico, Thailand or Indonesia, this may have formed his opinion somewhat.

As for Churchill, that’s original.

I'd fast forward through it or put it on double speed. That said, if the British had cut a deal with the Germans, like Spain, I wonder how the Soviets would have fared. Western Europe was under Nazi control and a pacified Britain wouldn't have caused the Germans to lose men and materials in Northern Africa.

I wanna check out his podcast and sources before dismissing him. For instance, I used to think that the Israeli's were our greatest ally. Then the Epstein thing happened and all sorts of things started coming to light. Turns out there was a bunch of history that I had never been taught. Made me look at things in a different light.

Last edited:
I'm taking a US history class right now. Last week, the main takeaway was that the puritans were evil, patriarchal, religious zealots, that violently oppressed women. This week, we're covering slavery in the Americas and it's been very white guilt-ish. As in we've glossed over the economic reasons for slavery, competing European powers, Africans selling Africans as slaves, and the man power shortage in the colonies.

My first degree is poli sci with a minor in African Area Studies. I had to take Black History in America, I was the lone honky in a class of about 45 people. I didn't say a GD word the whole semester, suffering their side eye and derisive sneer as everything was my fault. I still made an A. Probably because I DID keep my mouth shut.

Figured I'd gently rib you a bit.

I don't know if I can post it here, but I'll think to myself you can fuck yourself.

Spitballing into the either, that Daryyl guy is a bonafide moron. He's probably a Hitler/ Nazi apologist if we dig enough. Holocaust denier kind of person.

My first degree is poli sci with a minor in African Area Studies. I had to take Black History in America, I was the lone honky in a class of about 45 people. I didn't say a GD word the whole semester, suffering their side eye and derisive sneer as everything was my fault. I still made an A. Probably because I DID keep my mouth shut.
Given the circumstances, you probably avoided being jumped after class. That said, how much of that class was historically factual and unbiased?

Given the circumstances, you probably avoided being jumped after class. That said, how much of that class was historically factual and unbiased?

Quoting for perspective.

19...1995ish If I'm correct. I had to take, like everyone else, an American History to 1865 class as part of a Freshman curriculum at a Junior College. We barely made to some economic collapse in the 1830's before the semester ended. Slavery? Nope. Civil War? Nope. War with Mexico? Nope. The entire class was about the Pilgrims. The whole semester.

Let's not pretend like some of this is a modern thing...

The only thing objective about history are the number of deaths, the dates and times. Things you can measure quantitatively.

Everything else is pure conjecture. Ask 5 different historians the reasons behind a decision or event and you get 5 different answers that conform to whoever's political beliefs.

The only thing objective about history are the number of deaths, the dates and times. Things you can measure quantitatively.

Everything else is pure conjecture. Ask 5 different historians the reasons behind a decision or event and you get 5 different answers that conform to whoever's political beliefs.

Not just political beliefs but any perspective. Five guys in the same battle. Five different vantage points, five different experiences. Five people see Kennedy get shot. Five see the signing of the Paris Accords. What one eyewitness sees is impeachable. What 100 see, you can build the story.

Not just political beliefs but any perspective. Five guys in the same battle. Five different vantage points, five different experiences. Five people see Kennedy get shot. Five see the signing of the Paris Accords. What one eyewitness sees is impeachable. What 100 see, you can build the story.

I'm talking more about the why, and the decision making process behind history's biggest events. We put too much stock in the intents and motives behind moves when we really have no idea.

Quoting for perspective.

19...1995ish If I'm correct. I had to take, like everyone else, an American History to 1865 class as part of a Freshman curriculum at a Junior College. We barely made to some economic collapse in the 1830's before the semester ended. Slavery? Nope. Civil War? Nope. War with Mexico? Nope. The entire class was about the Pilgrims. The whole semester.

Let's not pretend like some of this is a modern thing...
How dysfunctional was society in 1995? No offense, but the academic environment is different now than it was 30+ years ago ;-).

We are willingly demoralizing a generation of young Americans. What's worse is they're paying for it.

I'd say 80% factual, 100% bias.
I'm guessing this was a few decades ago too. Imagine that coursework being relatively conservative, compared to what is being pushed on young people today. You had the benefit of knowing it was bullshit, people nowadays do not.

Back