Dual military while in the Q course?

ecag

Army
Verified Military
Hey guys,

I just got selected and also found out my wife has to PCS before I start the Q.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience being dual military while in the Q course? Specifically with say me being NG and attending the Q course and my spouse being active duty and receiving orders to a 3 letter agency in DC. Everyone I talk to, including my readiness NCO hasn’t run across this at all and are scrambling to get me answers. I’ve searched google, I’ve searched here, but it’s a fairly unique situation and I can’t find info on it.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Sorry, should’ve clarified. I meant as far as BAH and stuff like that. Technically I’m her dependent at moment, but I was wondering how this would effect me getting BAH or staying in the barracks. That sort of stuff.

Sorry, should’ve clarified. I meant as far as BAH and stuff like that. Technically I’m her dependent at moment, but I was wondering how this would effect me getting BAH or staying in the barracks. That sort of stuff.
That's a good question.
She should get hers because she is active duty.
You as NG is a good question. Barracks or contract room should be part of the active duty for training orders.
Does SWC has barracks for students (one of our SF experts should be able to answer)?

SWCS has student barracks, but you may not be able to get in the "legit" way. I had some friends who "acquired" room keys that didn't want to stop their BAH cause they kept their families at their home state during the Q. They used to have a Geo bachelor deal for guys in your kind of situation, but they got rid of it while I was there. Maybe they brought it back.

Your best bet is to get in contact with the NG liason over there at the school house. The cadre who sent you to Selection should have the Guard liasons info.

Seems like I’ll be considered an unaccompanied E5 and have to stay in the SWCS barracks and get no BAH.

Well it wouldn’t be the Army if they couldn’t find a way to make it gay, would it?

Back