Dumbo's Introduction

Dumbo

Unverified
Hello fellow forum users, my name is Michael. I'm nineteen years old, and I'm from Washington state. I have always been interested in joining a special operations force, specifically the Navy SEALs, but as I got older and did my research, I found there are many other groups around that I don't know about. Right now I'm speaking with recruiters from every branch (my last meeting is today), I'm having difficulty deciding which force I'm more passionate about, because I am looking to do mostly reconnaissance work, and I would prefer amphibious operations. I know this sounds similar to the SEALs, but I heard they're more Direct Action (DA) oriented, which doesn't interest me as much (this doesn't mean I'm opposed to doing it, just stating my preferred type of work). I've been reading a lot about Reconnaissance Men in the Marine Corps, because I heard they work a lot in the water (pretty obvious I guess) and do a lot of what their name implies. There isn't much more to say about me, I know I am capable, and I will continue on taking baby steps.

P.S. Thank you to all current and former service members for everything you've done, I appreciate your service.

Welcome man let me know if you have any questions about Recon BN or Force Recon.

Back