Expanding mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattR

USAF Security Forces
Verified Military
First I want to say that I left active duty Air Force in 2013 and am looking at getting involved once again in a guard/reserve capacity. I left the Air Force as a security forces member and knew a very minimal amount about special tactics within the branch as it was something that I had not considered at the time.
As far as. PJ, CCT, and TACP are concerned, I am curious if their roles are being maintained within a specific parameter or if these units are beginning to branch out into "uncharted" territories as far as mission and job description. Are the lines becoming blurred with other special operations/special forces units or are they still maintaining a very specific mission? All in all I am just wondering if things are evolving for battlefield airman as I am possibly looking at 20th group in the Army but enjoyed my time in the Air Force but am seeking a more direct action career path. Thanks for your time!

I found a "CCT's future" thread that shed a little more light on evolving roles of Air Force special tactics so I will continue to read through that instead of wasting you member's time typing a reply to my thread. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back