Fire

LibraryLady

Verified Military
My mornings in Helena MT look like this. It's a local thing, what's on the car, but we havent really seen the sun, stats or moon much for the last couple weeks due to the WA and ID fires. IMG_20150828_071548_944.jpg

Nationally we're on track for a 30 year high in square miles burned. They're deploying active duty from Ft Lewis and even bringing them up from Down Under.

How is everyone else doing in the season of fire?

LL

Last edited:
This would happen in California. We lived on Vandenberg AFB, which is right on the edge of the continent. Santa Anna Winds would blow the ash from inland fire sites, right over the base. At the time, we had a big silver Oldsmobile station wagon, and even that color showed the ash.

I remember when I got to Camp Swampy, there was a huge fire in Waycross, due to a drought at the time. The ash was everywhere for a couple of weeks. Even though my car was GM pewter colored, the ash stood out. Couldn't hose it every day because water was running low at the time.

PT was a bitch, too.

Friend from High School just retired from the Navy, and is prepped to bug out. He's watching the fires get closer and closer everyday.
Really feel for him.
Add a TS in the Atlantic and next week could be interesting.

My mornings in Helena MT look like this. It's a local thing, what's on the car, but we havent really seen the sun, stats or moon much for the last couple weeks due to the WA and ID fires. View attachment 13957

Nationally we're on track for a 30 year high in square miles burned. They're deploying active duty from Ft Lewis and even bringing them up from Down Under.

How is everyone else doing in the season of fire?

LL

What have you done to my car? I've had that car longer than I've had you.... the diesel weasel is ruined, ruined I tell you!!!!:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wall::-o

Back