Ford Ranger Back in the North American Market

Ford is dumping all sedans and will only make trucks and SUVs in the near future. My kid has a 22-year old Ranger and people still make him offers on it...there's still a market for small pickups

It'll be interesting for them. Clearly there is a market but there a lot of changes to the market.

Personally, I'm still a fan of a full size:
20180831_180631 (2).jpg20181207_163132 (2).jpg

It will be interesting to see how companies like this influence the market over the next several years as well:
https://jalopnik.com/rivian-r1t-the-electric-pickup-with-a-front-trunk-that-1830646607

I may not be a fan of the Rivian's styling but it's tough to ignore it's functionality, if it lives up to the hype.

Ford is dumping all sedans and will only make trucks and SUVs in the near future. My kid has a 22-year old Ranger and people still make him offers on it...there's still a market for small pickups

Yeah they’re all over priced.
The market is there, I see a ton of new Chevy Colorado’s popping up everywhere.

I remember when a baseline Ranger reg cab was $7,999 and a baseline F150 reg cab was $9,999.

The Ranger was never really a "cheaper" option as it was economical on gas and size. Got a bed to toss things in, can park downtown or whatever, zip around town, cheap on fuel, etc.

My dad started driving small pickups after the kids were gone. I could never stand them, but he seemed to like them. I had a Jeep Comanche truck, that was lifted, that wasn't too bad, but nothing like a real truck. Personally, I like to sit up high on the road and see what's around me, I hate riding or driving in cars, small trucks or suv's. Nothing smaller than 3/4 ton, and preferably with 4x4 and I generally lean towards Ford and Dodge, but I've owned 2 gmc's and a Chevy.

If I could put a Cummins 12v bolted up to an Allison tranny, sitting in a 99-05 F350 4x4, I'd be pretty damn happy...

Until I have the time and money to do all that, this 2016 Ram 2500 4x4 will have to suffice.
FB_IMG_1544674784012.jpg

Last edited:
It's ridiculous what a new 4x4 pickup costs. I like full size trucks, but the mini pickups cost nearly as much as a full size.
I paid $41k OTD for my new Tacoma. My friend just paid $43k for his. Toyota dominates the midsize pickup market. I think they sell nearly 20k a month.

Ford said:
Built Ford Tough® is the foundation of America’s popular line of rugged Ford pickups, now even more formidable with the all-new Ford Ranger, tested under conditions more extreme than you would ever likely encounter.

Ford Australia designed it. It's going head to head pretty even with Toyota Hilux down here now sales wise. Hilux gets more mining fleet sales ("because we always get Hiluxes") but you see more Rangers on the roads these days.

Back