GROUP 10 Wants You!

It is encouraging to see them more openly advertising these SOF support opportunities. It was something of a challenge to get concrete information, much less direct POC details and eligibility specifics, about them when I was in - especially if you weren't already serving somewhere adjacent to a NSO or NSW component.

It is encouraging to see them more openly advertising these SOF support opportunities. It was something of a challenge to get concrete information, much less direct POC details and eligibility specifics, about them when I was in - especially if you weren't already serving somewhere adjacent to a NSO or NSW component.

I’m surprised they are advertising for this only because they are TS clearance teams.

When I was assigned to NSW4 It was far less formal, no real selection process prior to reporting, and it was ad hoc, you were assigned to teams as they needed. This is a significant and vast improvement over that process.

Also, thanks to the internet for spreading the message. "Back in the day" It was word of mouth, and knowing the right people at the right time. We got a message looking for corpsmen to augment NSW in the Caribbean, and you were either ready to go or you weren't. You went through a quick interview process, a PRT of some sort, and then you were thrown into a workup, training, and assigned.

Back