Happy Birthday You Glorious Bastards!

Happy Birthday to all of you crayon eating, non-word using (apologies to Teufel, he's the odd Marine out here) misfits of the military menage, which are all alliterative words for Marine. Don't you guys and gals have some bulldogs and Lance Corporals to torture today after getting all drunk on some wild concoction of adult beverages from around the globe?

Stay Safe, Stay Strong.

I went to my first-ever Marine Corps Birthday celebration last year in the Philippines. This is a picture of the Marines and Navy officers sitting at my table doing shots with the Ambassador and the Marine 3-star who was there as guest speaker.

Good times...

Happy Birthday, Marines!

Attachments

• Marine Corps Ball shots with Ambassador.JPG
    Marine Corps Ball shots with Ambassador.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 17
I went to my first-ever Marine Corps Birthday celebration last year in the Philippines. This is a picture of the Marines and Navy officers sitting at my table doing shots with the Ambassador and the Marine 3-star who was there as guest speaker.

Good times...

Happy Birthday, Marines!

That's really awesome. I bet both the 3-star and ambassador we're eating it up. I've loved every ball I've attended, even the ones I don't remember. Especially the ones I don't remember.

I put the story on my FB page, but basically these guys (Marine NCO and Navy/Marine junior officers) all worked with me at JUSMAG-P (Joint US Military Assistance Group-Philippines). We were all sitting at the same table, and between the pre-gaming and the open bar, everyone was pretty drunk. I was probably the least drunk because after about the fourth shot or so, I resorted to pouring the shots they kept bringing me into my iced tea glass. The Marines at the table told me they wanted to ask the general and the ambassador (next table over) to do shots. I told them words to the effect of "I don't think that's a good idea, but do what your rank can handle." They then went all ooh-rah and told me to take pics. And yes, both the ambo and the general thought it was great.

Back