Hello, just signed up!

Daytrader369

Unverified
Hello, hope everyone reading this is doing well; I just enlisted in the Army, I initially was attempting to enlist in another branch, did the whole MEPS thing with them, but I needed a waiver for my tattoo and after 4 months of waiting it was a no-go, so I decided to check out other branches and since I wanted an infantry mos Army was my only other choice, so I talked to a recruiter and decided that SF is for me since I am well traveled(more than half of my passport is full of stamps) and speak three languages fluently, and would love to learn more. I was disappointed when the time came to sit down with my counselor when he told me my eyesight is no good(correctable to 20/20 in one eye and 20/25 in the other) for 18x so I asked for 11x, he said its not good enough for that either(which I later found out after I signed up that it is) he said I can always try again once I am in the Army, so he signed me up with another mos. I want to know if there are waivers available for my eyesight once I am in, I am willing to wait, or do all I can to get a shot at an 18x. I ship out to BCT in 6 weeks!

Welcome.

Take some time to search the site. This area is for introductions only; no questions will be answered here.

Back