History Question - Post Vietnam

EightEightFive

Army
Verified Military
Howdy gents,

Quick question here- so my grandad was in this unit during Vietnam https://www.75thrra.org/history/e75_hx.html

I know shortly after Vietnam 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Batts were organized and activated. My question is, how were the 75th Infantry units absorbed into 75th RR. There were approximately 13-14 LRRP Companies, did 1/3 go to 1st Batt, 2nd Batt, 3rd Batt, etc?

I am trying to figure out which Batt would have absorbed Echo Company 75th Infantry. I don't know if there is even an answer for this, but thanks in advance!

Steve1839

SF
Verified SOF
If memory serves me, A/75 was at Fort Hood, B/75 was at Fort Carson and C/75 was at Fort Benning in 1972 when I was in the 82nd...sometime around '73 B Company was relocated to Fort Lewis...I believe A Company was also relocated to Fort Stewart...B Company formed the nucleus for the 2nd Battalion (a good friend was part of the move from Carson to Lewis and was a plank holder in 2nd Battalion)...I suspect A Company probably formed the nucleus for 1st Battalion...C Company became C/1-29 IN...I had a cousin there...