HR127: Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act

Kraut783

SOF Support
This was introduced on January 4, 2021. It's a little scary....

"The Attorney General, through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, shall establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States."

Text of H.R. 127: Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

Big fat NOPE on this one.

This was introduced on January 4, 2021. It's a little scary....

"The Attorney General, through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, shall establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States."

Text of H.R. 127: Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

I believe I posted this in the Politic thread or the Gun Control thread. (But it Now has a Name!) I guess it now has a name. But Sheila has introduced these trash panda bills almost every session she has been in Congress. Her desire to restrict the rights of a Free People and then also be protected by men with guns is beyond hypocritical.

The reality is that the Democratic party had no intention of seeking unity. They had every intention of ramming an agenda through even though they had no mandate.

There is sooooo much to hate in this legislation.

First of all, registration leads to confiscation.

Also:
Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau.
It is literally none of those peoples' business if I choose to own a gun or not.

(d)
Firearm insurance

(1)
In general

The Attorney General shall issue to any person who has applied for a license pursuant to subsection (c) and has paid to the Attorney General the fee specified in paragraph (2) of this subsection a policy that insures the person against liability for losses and damages resulting from the use of any firearm by the person during the 1-year period that begins with the date the policy is issued.

(2)
Fee

The fee specified in this paragraph is $800.

$800 insurance? That I have to buy from the government? I'm sure that won't be a disaster. :rolleyes:

And I have to register my antique guns too? Yeah, I'm sure people are doing a lot of drive-bys with the kind of muzzle-loading, single-shot blunderbuss style pistols like the one I picked up in Afghanistan.

(B)
Antique firearm display license

The Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to display an antique firearm in a residence of the individual if the individual—

(i)
is the holder of a license issued under subparagraph (A);

(ii)
supplies proof that the individual owns an antique firearm;

(iii)
describes the manner in which the firearm will be displayed in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Attorney General, and certifies that the firearm will be so displayed; and

(iv)
demonstrates that the individual has provided for storage of the firearm in a safe or facility approved by the Attorney General for the storage of firearms.

reads like PTSD get your guns taken away:

The Attorney General may deny such a license to an individual if—

(i)
the psychological evaluation referred to in paragraph (2) indicates that the individual—

(I)
has a chronic mental illness or disturbance, or a brain disease, referred to in subparagraph (A)(ii)(I);

(II)
is addicted to a controlled substance (within the meaning of the Controlled Substances Act) or alcohol; or

(III)
has attempted to commit suicide; or

(ii)
prior psychological treatment or evaluation of the individual indicated that the individual engaged in conduct that posed a danger to self or others.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.

Oh, so like all of my 12 gauge deer slugs?

Those penalties tho... :-o

(A)
Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(1) shall be fined not less than $50,000 and not more than $75,000, imprisoned not less than 10 years and not more than 15 years, or both.

(B)
Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(2) shall be fined not less than $30,000 and not more than $50,000, imprisoned not less than 5 years and not more than 10 years, or both.

(C)
Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(3) shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $10,000.

(D)
Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(4) shall be fined not less than $75,000 and not more than $100,000, imprisoned not less than 15 years and not more than 25 years, or both, except that if the transferee of the firearm possess or uses the firearm during or in relation to a crime, an unintentional shooting, or suicide, the transferor shall be fined not less than $100,000 and not more than $150,000, imprisoned not less than 25 years and not more than 40 years, or both.

It looks like you would literally get more time for violating this law about guns, than you would for using a gun in a violent crime.

Please tell me that this jackassery didn't make it out of committee.

So, during this pandemic we saw a massive rise in Black Americans purchasing firearms. Now this had been a trend before the pandemic and the summer BLM/Antifa riots. But with this legislation she's likely completely, but unknowingly, attacking her voter base.
Most of her constituency probably isn't thinking about what these laws will do to gun owners and individual safety in our country. They probably never owned a gun before and don't follow things like this. :(

This. So, I sell you my gun, you have ND, and I go to prison for longer than a quarter century? No.

if the transferee of the firearm possess or uses the firearm during or in relation to a crime, an unintentional shooting, or suicide, the transferor shall be fined not less than $100,000 and not more than $150,000, imprisoned not less than 25 years and not more than 40 years, or both.

I can see the Dems pushing this a bit....especially after the January 6th stuff, I can see them saying something to like "what if they had guns with them on that day" or something like that.....

Crazy times....

They think January 6 was bad...this passes and it will spark mass outrage from tens of millions and sporadic armed rebellions.

Which is why I’m hoping it dies the death it deserves.

The irony here is that the author of this draconian bullshit, Shiela Jackson Lee, is a Texas congresswoman. You don’t want to fuck around with Texans and their guns.

Last edited:
They think January 6 was bad...this passes and it will spark mass outrage from tens of millions and sporadic armed rebellions.

Which is why I’m hoping it dies the death it deserves.

The irony here is that the author of this draconian bullshit, Shiela Jackson Lee, is a Texas congresswoman. You don’t want to fuck around with Texans and their guns.

Houstonians have been electing liberal trash heaps for decades. Their latest County Judge got there as a pure politician, never went to Law School. So she can't act in half of her responsibility which is the Chief Judicial Officer of Harris County because she is not a licensed attorney.

She had some of the most insane penalties for people not wearing masks.

Their latest County Judge got there as a pure politician, never went to Law School. So she can't act in half of her responsibility which is the Chief Judicial Officer of Harris County because she is not a licensed attorney.

This same thing be said with previous Judge Ed Emmett.

Back