I don't think it's me...

RetPara

SOF Support
Have an undated (yet) M1 Carbine inherited from my late FIL.

I've cleaned it up dressed it up. Could be a cool little rifle to shoot.

The issue is that it fires way to the right. On the paper at the outer edge at 25 yards. Using the iron sights. I have the rear aperture cranked all the way to right to move the round. Still hitting 8 inches right of bulls eye.

Right after that I fire my Ruger M77 HB in 308 with a new Mueller scope. The scope had just been installed and bore sighted. Walked it up the target to the bulleye.

If I was jerking or something else with the Carbine, it would of shown shooting the Ruger also.

Anyone else seen something like this or have idea?

...If I was jerking or something else with the Carbine, it would of shown shooting the Ruger also.

I had a similar problem with my son's Rem 597 .22. I don't know why. I think a barrel can become fractionally warped by overheating or some machining flaw during manufacture. Just guessing.

If your carbine is way off at such short range it's gotta be the gun.

Last edited:
Have an undated (yet) M1 Carbine inherited from my late FIL.

I've cleaned it up dressed it up. Could be a cool little rifle to shoot.

The issue is that it fires way to the right. On the paper at the outer edge at 25 yards. Using the iron sights. I have the rear aperture cranked all the way to right to move the round. Still hitting 8 inches right of bulls eye.

Right after that I fire my Ruger M77 HB in 308 with a new Mueller scope. The scope had just been installed and bore sighted. Walked it up the target to the bulleye.

If I was jerking or something else with the Carbine, it would of shown shooting the Ruger also.

I hate to say this. But have you tried moving the rear sight to the left?

If you can snap a picture of the front sight assembly, I can give you some specific advice.

Some are pressed on, some are clamped on, some have a front post adjustment, and sometimes the sight itself can be canted. A lot to try this try that advice on here. A couple of pictures would make it pretty easy.

Back