.I need advice- I'd like to be a Navy EOD Officer

This thread is s bit old so I’m sorry for jumping in late. Thought I’d add some wisdom over the speculation. EOD is a brotherhood. This non-sense about Navy EOD being the best is short sighted and a fabrication of childish minds. All branches have names on our memorial, our techniques and procedures are written in blood that isn’t distinguished by a uniform.

That said, Navy EOD Officers are some of the greatest men and women you’ll ever meet. The road to becoming one is extremely challenging and competitive. If you think you have something to contribute to our community than I challenge you to step up and prove you are worthy. If your interest is in Chemical Engineering, without going into details, the opportunity to learn, be challenged and to make a difference in that field is vast.

If you asked ten EOD Officers about their career history, you would quickly learn that there is no blueprint. Whether your commissioned or enlisted, the longer you stay in, the closer you get to being familiar with a keyboard. In general, as a junior officer, you take on a lot of responsibility but that doesn’t mean we won’t send you to get your hands dirty. You would be expected to intercept the regional commander that wants to try to tell me how to do my job though.

Bottom line, don’t listen to the nay sayers, experiences very, and attitudes will be corrected. Nobody can predict who has what it takes. The average person is all talk though, some years ago I started using a simple filter anytime someone approached me about wanting to join EOD. I told them to come back tomorrow. 1 in 50 would show up. Stop looking for reasons to talk yourself out of your goals.

Everyone else, again, sorry about the intrusion. Much respect.

This thread is s bit old so I’m sorry for jumping in late. Thought I’d add some wisdom over the speculation. EOD is a brotherhood. This non-sense about Navy EOD being the best is short sighted and a fabrication of childish minds. All branches have names on our memorial, our techniques and procedures are written in blood that isn’t distinguished by a uniform.
Hmmm...

In this order:

1) Please post an appropriate intro thread.

2) If you are going to participate on this site and speak as a SME on a topic like EOD, please complete and submit your vetting application ASAP.

Until you have followed thru with the two requirements noted above, please refrain from posting responses to anyone seeking advice from Vetted members of this site.

Thank you.

Instead of cluttering this thread any more than it already has been, you may PM me any questions you might have.

Back