Intro (Army)

Someguy77

Unverified
Hey guys, 27 year old guy here. I would like to say I will keep it short and sweet but I don't think I will be able to haha. I have been in the medical field for about 4 years now. I started out at as an NREMT-B running on the medic for about 2.5 years and in the midst of that I started working in the Emergency Department for about another 2 years doing all BLS skills + IV's and EKGs.

I am an RN student at the moment but I have been working with my recruiter for about 3-4 weeks now to go in enlisted. I scored pretty high on my ASVAB 98 AFQT and then all 123's across the board in the individual areas. 18D (18X contract) caught my eye instantly and then of course 11X w/ Opt 40. But at the time I didn't really know enough to say I wanted to do one over the other or vice-versa. I am currently looking at 68W as the job I am going to reserve but since then I have been reading until my eyes bleed. So now that has landed me here, seeking more in-depth knowledge and actually being able to talk to the people that went through what I am looking to go through to get a better understanding of what options I have and how to better myself, couple questions here and there.

I think I managed to keep it somewhat short :) looking forward to speaking with you all and participating.

Welcome aboard. Search function will be your best friend!

Back