Intro

JohnI276

Unverified
Hello to all of you. My name is John, I've just graduated from college with a Bachelor's in International Relations. I speak three languages in varying proficiencies and I'm starting a fourth independently. I studied abroad in China for several months in total immersion (not some BS Shanghai or Beijing program, I was one of only three people that spoke both English and Mandarin). I practiced Krav Maga for three years under a great instructor that has worked with LEOs, the Marine Corps, the Coast Guard, and JSOC. I was also a college athlete in D3 Track & Field.

I have always had an interest in joining the military or working for the government and lately I've researched a decent amount into the Special Operations units within each branch. I don't have any prior military background so I am coming to you all in the hopes that I can nail down the branch and unit right for me (as well as deciding to go enlisted or try for OCS). I realize this intro is a bit long compared to some I've seen but I wanted to give a full picture so I could get the best advice. Thanks and I hope to speak with some of you about preparing for a Special Operations MOS in the near future.

Understood, that's certainly not my intention. I'm looking for first hand experiences to better inform my own decision, nobody else's. Besides since writing this I think I have figured most of it out.

Thank you all for the welcome.

Back