Intro

timid

Unverified
Howdy, hope to trade some good knowledge and experience back and forth.

I have been in and around the Air Force for about ten years. I served Active duty from 2010-2013, did a great deployment, got a dumb nickname, and decided I wanted to pursue becoming an ALO. Switched over to the reserves, went to school and got my Geography degree. Then I found out it's really difficult to get any sort of special warfare classed job in the AF when you are blind in one eye(looking back, it shouldn't have been nearly as jaw dropping as it was at the time). After being turned down for a shot at going to selection the umpteenth time I jumped on another deployment, got another dumb nickname. I worked with JSOAC in a support role and felt pretty fulfilled. I realized that after five years of training and knocking on the door I thought I needed, I found my jam elsewhere. I took a contractor deployment doing intel for a different JSOAC unit the next year, cringiest nickname yet. Now I am just getting my ducks in a row to transfer to intel on the Guard side. For my civilian job I am a surveyor and manage drone operations. I've had a strange road getting to where I am at, but it's been rad throughout. It has put me in positions to meet many mentors and experts around the world with many perspectives. I hope to continue to have more of those interactions here. Hopefully I can bring a little to the table myself as well, so we all continue to get just a little bit better.

Never stop learning,
-Timid Deer, Young-old Sarge, The Warfighter

Welcome...surveyor, hmmm...? LIcensed?
Thank you for the welcome, Steve. No license, just chaining right now. Not sure if I'll go after one. I found some drones in the corner of the office and asked if they were doing anything with them. They said they didn't no how to use them. After I told them about my military experience with ISR they offered to let me revive their drone program. Somehow, I hit the gold mine and found a way to apply my military skills to the civilian world.

Back