Introduction/Advice/Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unverified
Introduction/Advice:
Hello everyone, how is everyone doing today! I'm from Tx, I go to college (sophomore), and becoming a Navy SEAL is one of my top goals. I have always been fascinated by the SEALs in the way they do their job. From the moment they are recruits, till the day they earn their trident, and what they carry on to their teams is something special. Their training, the mindset that they have to overcome anything is incredible. I want to join that brotherhood that only a few ever get a chance to join. Everyone who has ever gone to BUD/s training, SQT, and have or are on deployment, mad respect to you for your time and for the sacrifice that you have done, Thank you! If anyone has any advice, on training, specifically "swimming" please share. I have the running, and the physical standards done. It's just that I was never a good swimmer. Up in till now, I recently taught myself the combat side stroke by watching videos on youtube. I have come a long way now, I have the form correct just need to practice on my conditioning and well swim more! I swim everyday, lift every day, and run every day. Any advice is appreciated thank you once again.

Opinion: Okay now this is more personal, in a way but not to the point like family matter. I met this dude at the gym at my college. I was working out and he comes wearing shorts that have the "Navy SEAL Trident" on them. I was curious, like why would a guy just be wearing those? Is he trying to show off, or is it more of a pride that he might be an actual SEAL? Well I couldn't help myself but to ask him if he was an actual SEAL. (This happened in Dec, when I first met him) At that time, I was reading everything I could about SEAL training, I was soaking up everything I could know about them and just my luck I happen to meet one. Well he goes on to tell me that he is a SEAL. I'm in shock, you know I can't believe it, an "Actual SEAL" I asked him how was his training, what team was he in. He told me he was in SEAL Team 4, in South America. He then took off his hoodie that he was wearing and showed me where he got shot, in his right latissimus dorsi, and another shot in his stomach. He told me how his team raided a compound that was known to have narcotics and thats how it happened. WOW, I couldn't believe, real stories from an actual SEAL. Does not get any better right? Well he then told me how he was a weapons sergeant and how he carried his machine guns etc. Well I was amazed and I started to hang out with this guy and just learn more about him. Till a month after that, he told me that he left the Navy because he it "JUST wasn't for him anymore" and some other shit. Okay, but then I thought to myself why would a Navy SEAL, go after all that trouble and training to just leave it. But I was like okay, I guess he wanted to be with his girlfriend "That's why he left the Navy" So time goes on, we work out, joke around become good friends. He wears his operator cap all the time, and just does nothing. So then one day he shows up with a EOD muscle shirt!!! I'm like why do you have that, he was like "I was also an EOD, for the Navy" So I googled and from what I read, correct me if I'm wrong, You can't be an Navy SEAL and be a EOD. Two different ratings right? I asked him that and it turns out they let him transfer to EOD, and he became one (He has a tattoo of the EOD insignia on his stomach) and well okay you know what, its becoming suspicious now, and then he told me to check out shadowspere.com and their forum for more info, etc. So guess what happens I find his name and his thread that he posted a year ago. So I look at it and guess what. Well better yet, check out his post, and well I think some of you might remember him.

"Jun 15, 2012. Hey guys, My name is Cory Schwandt. I am 22 Years of age, I am from New Braunfels Texas, and I am currently in the Navy.
I am an avid swimmer, Workout fiend, Cook, and athlete.
Oh, and I love guns...Surprise
I originally joined the Navy to be an SO(SEAL Operator) but during Pre-BUDS Dive MO PT, I had bad knee pains and that mixed with family issues I had dropped from the course(it was the worst choice I've ever made) I do regret it. Now I am an Airman Undesignated going to the USS Eisenhower. I am now trying to get in to the EOD Program because I know that Special Operations is where I am meant to be. I love High Speed High Stress and Low Drag. I love challenges and situations that really test your persona. I am also looking into the Navy's STA-21 Program(EOD) I am looking for advice on all of this"

He came back from deployment on Oct, I met him in beginning of Dec.

On March 23 was his birthday, he just turned 24, and it dosen't add up, if he is 22 and he wrote that on june 25 2012. He says he dropped out of being a SEAL and then wants to be an EOD????
Unless he lied to me about his birthday, btw he is a big liar not just because of this but in general stuff and he likes to make other stuff up.

He follows up saying "I was a BUD Dud, I am not on the "2-year hold" before I can go back to the Special Programs for the Navy. So now, I am an Undes Airman(Sucks ass) and well I want to get into EOD, I was going to be class 296; and I had storekeeping, and yeoman, and undes airman to chose from(not exactly my choices when I scored a 80 on my ASVAB) I felt like shit. But "It's the needs of the NAVY!"

So from your expertise and knowledge this guy is a phony and was never an EOD either?

I contacted Don Shipley to verify him, and he is not a SEAL.

Wait it gets even better! He wanted to do Air Force Pararescue​
and Combat Control. He got so into them and was going to do it, then he decided he wanted to do Special Forces either Delta Force or Green Berets. Seriously? He is a big disappointed, talks about Special Operations like he was there, and talks about the military like he is an expert. He blocked me on
Facebook but we still talk and hang out work out, I just haven't confronted him about it. I don't hate him, I just don't think it's right for him to talk about what he "did" because he never really did anything!

There is the guy.
http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/members/cory-schwandt.3791/

I need your opinion.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 31
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm with such a long intro and discussion :(

My opinion? Let the guy be. He's obviously another piece of shit poser running around.

Welcome.

Your intro post was too long and rambling. It annoyed me so I didn't read it. Then I had to read it because someone reported it, and now I'm even more annoyed.

Look, if your boy told you he was a SEAL, then you already know he's lying and there is no need to get us involved. He never claimed to be a SEAL on this site. Maybe he is EOD, we don't know and we don't care enough to go find out. He never claimed to be EOD on this site as far as I can tell.

The member you asked about hasn't been active here for more than 6 months, and in the time he was here, he made a whopping total of something like 4 posts. He never asked to be vetted and no one here vouched for him. So we don't know him. We don't know you, either. So what we have here is one guy we don't know, trying to call out someone else we don't know, over something we know nothing about. We're not going to allow that to happen. If you have something more substantial than "this one time, at gym camp," to tell us, then maybe we'll consider banning him from the site as a poser. But we're not going to do anything based on a he said/she said kind of thing. I looked at his Facebook and I didn't see anything about being a SEAL or anything else SOF-related. I saw a lot of douchey hats and tattoos, but that's not something we take action on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back