Introduction - Wedge

Wedge

Unverified
Hello everyone, my name is Wedge. I made an intro a few months ago but I could not find it, nor get into my other account. No problem, I'll do it again. Anyway, I'm 28, a civilian and been training about 3 years to get in the Army. I was really overweight and had to shed more than 60 pounds. Now I believe I am at a decent weight, at least that's what my recruiter said. I have a strong interest into getting in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Sometimes I hate telling people that, because it's so overly said but I still want you guys to get where I'm coming from. I remember hearing about Somalia back in high school, even though it was way before that, and that was when I knew I wanted that job. After that, Operation Anaconda and all the crazy stuff they did in Iraq and Afghanistan. So, I went to MEPS a year ago but failed my SF-86, not because I have a record or drugs. It was because I got some numbers wrong on my family's A numbers. So I had to provide copies of them. I had all except one. I helped my sibling get their dang Naturalization certificate from the USCIS but it took over a year! That's when I posted on here for advice and I believe it was Ranger Psyche who advised me to stay here and get it done instead of enlisting and not getting a chance at RASP. I'm glad I stayed here. So I finally got the dang paperwork and working with my recruiter now. In addition to all this waiting, I was enrolled in college when the paperwork came in. So instead of just dropping out, I decided to stay for another semester because I know for a fact I'm not ready for RASP. I feel like I am in the best shape in my life, but I need more training. I know it's a crazy thing to say but I would like to better chances. I've thought of other SO selection programs but RASP is my main focus. And hopefully I will have enough college credits for E3 I guess. Thanks for reading.

Back