Introduction

tactics360

Unverified
Hello ShadowSpear forum members,

My name is Brandon, I've served as a member of the KY Air National Guard and the Ky Army National Guard since Nov 2002 to Nov 2011. I got out via my contract running out as I was trying to go active duty. Given my status now as a PS guy, It is and has been extremely difficult to get back in. As a member of the KY Army National Guard, I served in Iraq from May 2006 to Oct 2007 as an 11B (Bco 1-149th) then via nature of the Guard, changed my MOS to 12Y in order to get promoted to SGT. I spent the last four years of my NG contract as a geospacial engineer for the 63rd theater aviation brigade and ran a geo team there as a part of CCMRF team. It has been my dream to serve in the RA as a 18 series mos as it is my calling. I wanted to become a member of this to learn, to connect, make friends and seek advice. I am a proud veteran who wants to serve in the highest capacity and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for this community and everything it does and stands for.

Thank you for taking the time to read my intro and I hope to learn much and make some friends on here.

Hi Brandon, good intro. I edited out your last name because we found over time it's best to remain semi-anonymous on the Internet. I also corrected some minor spelling errors because I know you can't edit your posts right now since you're unvetted. If you'd like to get vetted as verified military, there is a tab at the top of the page that will get you started. Welcome to to site.

-mara

I see. Are there any members who have tried recently to accomplish the same thing I am? Perhaps they could give me some advice?

Back