Introduction

SWO3245

Verified Military
Ladies and Gents,

Just wanted to say thank you allowing me to become a part of this forum. A little about myself, I enlisted in the Navy in 2007 as a MM3 (NUKE), I applied for STA-21 and USNA and was picked up for USNA in 2009. I graduated in 2013 with a BS in Astrophysics. I am currently a SWO stationed on the USS Green Bay FDNF out of Sasebo, Japan. I am currently a VBSS Boarding Officer and one of our qualified Rescue Swimmers.

The reason I am joining this site to because I am looking into LAT transfer opportunities in Navy EOD, NSW, as well as doing an inter-service transfer to SF. While at USNA I screened for Navy EOD as my first choice and completed summer training with EODTEU out of San Diego CA. I was not selected for an EOD billet out of the Academy and I am now exploring my options for the SOF communities. I did have the fortunate opportunity to spend 6 months at West Point on exchange where I learned a wealth of knowledge regarding SF. My mentor/instructor at West Point was a Green Beret Major who taught my Special Operations in Low Intensity Conflicts course of instruction. From his good graces I was invited to screen at West Point for SFAS, in which I completed the screening in 2012, scoring well among the candidates.

I have done my homework regarding lateral transfer for NSW and Navy EOD, however, my career timeline regarding billets available for my YG seem to be working against me. I am currently in the process of finishing my research for inter-service transfer for SF and I am sure I will have specific questions that I will ask when I am finished.

For everyone's SA here are my last PST scores as of 2 months ago:

Swim : 8:15
Pullups: 23
Pushups: 105
Situps: 110
Run (Running shoes and shorts) : 8:57

Again I want to thank everyone on the forum for the ability to have my questions answered and look forward to conversing with many of you in the near future!

V/R

SWO3245

Glad to have you aboard. Sorry that it didn't work out crossing over to EOD, but I do wish you the best in your quest to cross over into SF.

Back