Introduction

Randall

Unverified
Much thanks to all the moderators and administrators for accepting me to this forum. My name is Randall and I am 24 years of age. Currently, I am 6'1 and 178lbs. The reason I decided to join this forum is because I have an undeniable urge to attempt and hopefully earn my way into the pararescue brotherhood.

A little history about myself. I've played sports all my life since I could remember. Baseball, football and track&field. I've grown up with a competitive mindset. After high school, I attended college and majored in biology(pre-med) and ran track as well there but after two years, I quickly lost focus. My grades were terrible before my junior year began and before I knew it, I dropped out. This was three years ago. Shortly after, I realized that I just wasnt mentally mature at the time to handle school. I also realized too that living a normal life and graduating with a degree in biology just didnt cut it for me. It's not what I truly wanted in my heart.

A year after dropping out I quickly gaines interest in the Air Force. My brother had been in since 2003 but he had no influence on my decision to join. I quickly gained interest in pararescue in early 2013. I met with a recruiter, took a practice asvab and that's as far as I went. I even trained rigorously in the pool, gym and outside running for three months but I had legal issues at the time with a suspended license for avoiding speeding tickets. So I decided I should take care of that issue before proceeding on. I left my dreams of trying out for pj on hold.

Fast foward to now, I've grown up alot since then, been through some of the worst times of my life and almost in a way I've been reborn with a new mindset. And somehow, some way, I still have a strong desire to help others and do something extraordinary with my life in this planet. My friends think I'm nuts but I still want to earn my way into pararescue. I will resume my water, and conditioning training next week and I plan to begin a new enlistment process all over next week as well. I also plan to study and become knowledgeable about the human body and quick body recovery techniques/nutrition/meditation before I even take the PAST. I want to go into this with every possible advantage as I can(even though I know I still wont be ready for what's to come). I'm definitely nervous but very excited because I feel that I'm finally doing what I have a burning desire for. I don't even care about a life of riches or material things anymore...I've never liked war, I wish it were avoidable at all cost but as long as there are humans in this world, war will always be inevitable. I just want to be ready when the time comes to help save who I can and hurt whoever tries stop me from doing so.

Nice vetting request. Are you trying to test my patience by wasting my time? You do, understand how small the PJ community is, right?

I highly understand this now. I am not here to test your patience or waste your time. I will pay closer attention to detail and tighten my shit up. This won't happen again. @Polar Bear

Thanks for the welcome @AKkeith and @RackMaster
I hope you understand it. You can not be vetted for anything. If you don't know, we have a few PJ pipeline cadre here and those who where prior cadre. If they ask about your asshattery I will fill them in and give them your name. You are standing in a 10 foot hole now. How you get out of it is up to YOU

Back