Introduction

JohnBender

Infantry
Verified Military
Hello and good day everyone,

I am a 30 year old Marine Corps infantry veteran, currently pursuing an MBA at a reputable institution. I recently came off of active duty less than a year ago, and have realized that the military is a fundamental part of who I am, and my sense of purpose in this world. As such I am trying to keep in touch with local and digital veteran, combat arms, and SOF communities such as ShadowSpear. My first mentor and current close friend was a former Bn Ranger turned NGSF MSgt (ret), and I think that old timer corrupted me so bad that I cannot be happy without the uniform anymore! Similarly, I attend my program with someone of the same capacity - also a corruptible force in the best way - and I am now heavily entertaining the idea of pursuing NGSF. During my time in the Corps I was lucky enough to be temporarily attached to a Recon Bn as a weapons attachment for one of my deployments, which made me appreciate and aspire for specialized service to this country.

Thank you all for your time, as well as maintaining this community.

Actually, I was just using the meaning in general, but, I did do some time with 3/3.

The Trinity! When I was chopped out to my first unit, I was intensely jealous of the other guys who got assigned to 1/3 and 3/3 because of their location but also even down to the "Lava Dogs" and "Fortuna Fortes Juvat" and that is why I recognized it so quickly. After a quick google search, I realize now that the motto is across the entire 3rd Marines. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Thank you both, I'm glad to be here.

I thought my old SgtMaj was a 1stSgt at 1/3, but I looked it up and it turns out it was 2/3. He was a Force guy as well. My buddies who went to 1/3 complained about it just as much as we complained about our units in the end, the difference was they got to bitch in Hawaii, and I had to bitch in a NC swamp. Semper Fi!

Back