Introduction

A.J. Yokley

Unverified
Hello,
First off, thank you for the approval to be a part of this group. My name is A.J. Yokley. I spent four and half years in the U.S. Army as 95B1P (Military Police / Airborne). I was stationed at Ft. Bragg from 1996 to 2000. I got out of the Army to pursue my career in law enforcement. I have spent the last 16 years as sheriff's deputy in Tennessee. I have been looking for websites like this to join in hopes of trying to understand what my father went through during the Vietnam War. My father retired from the U.S. Navy after 20 years. He was corpsman and served in 4 campaigns in Vietnam. My father was not a Navy SEAL, however, he never really talked about what he actually did. My father passed away last year and is now buried in Arlington National Cemetery (HMC Jack D. Yokley 1952 to 2016). The night my father died, we were having dinner to celebrate my birthday. My dad began to open up about his time in Vietnam. He said that during his time in Vietnam he was a part of unit that had a civilian that held the rank of lieutenant Colonel. From my research that I have done, I am assuming that it might have been CIA??? My father at one point had been wounded. My father refused to wear shorts because of the scars on his legs. My dad said it was from a place that they weren't supposed to be. My father was never awarded a purple heart. My dads service records show that he received the Vietnam Service Medal with 3 bronze stars. there is nothing in his service records that show when he was actually there. I know this is a shot in the dark but if anyone can help me understand the special operations community when it comes to missions like my father was on I would most grateful. I have always had respect for the Special Operations Community and had friends at Ft. Bragg that were SF. My father struggled the last few years of his life from PTSD of what he seen over there. I guess since he is gone, I am just trying to understand what he went through. Thanks again for letting me be a part of this community. Its an honor.

Welcome aboard! Best of fortune to you in your search for answers.

Back