Introduction

Bama3cb

Unverified
Hello, I'm 27 years old, have a wife and 2 children. I'm an airframe licensed aircraft mechanic currently working for Sikorsky aircraft building MH-60R Seahawks for the Navy. I've been in this career field since I was 19 and have made a decent living doing so. I've always wanted to serve in the military, not build a product for the military. But jumping straight from high school to a job that pays well with very little college necessary has kept me complacent and prevented me from pursuing what I truly wish to do with my life. I feel that I've reached a crossroad in my life where I may still be very young, but also reaching an age where the longer I wait the more difficult it will be to get into such a demanding career field. I wish to utilize the wealth of knowledge available within shadowspear to research and be as well informed as possible as I prepare to turn the page and start the next chapter in my life. As of now I'm set on the idea of TACP. I have done quite a bit of research on the job across the web and on shadowspear. I've learned a lot about TACP so far, but I've still got plenty to learn as I try to prepare myself as much as possible. It's an extremely difficult road ahead and I realize there are no guarantees that I'll make it. It's on me to put in the work and make this dream a reality. I'm currently conditioning myself physically as much as possible to meet the standard for the PAST test. I'm almost there now, need to work on the run and push ups a bit more. I would like to be able to meet the minimum scores with ease so that I'm setting myself up for success, not failure. I apologize if this has been a bit long winded but you all probably will not hear much from me, at least not at first. I'm more of a listen and learn type person, but if I face questions unanswered within this forum I will be sure to ask and find answers. I'm also considering the TACP mentor group as well. I'm sure I would find knowledge and wisdom there you could not put a price on. Thank you all for your time and your service.

Welcome aboard! Best of success to you on your future goals and objectives.

Back