Introduction

Airmanjk03

Unverified
Shadowspear Community,

Short intro:
Air Force veteran. Worked Avionics on the B-2 Stealth Bombers. Graduating from law school in 1 year and planning on entering the Army through Jag first. Planning on going straight to high operating unit to get some experience with operational law. Maybe get some schools in early on (airborne, air assault, etc..) and applying to SFAS as early as possible. Hopefully I can get pulled in early as an "out of year group" applicant. I am interested in a mentor. I have all my shit together physically and mentally, just want to be filled in with some of the nuances. ~LJ

Longer back story: TLDR
I came to Shadowspear for general knowledge and guidance on the SF world. My father was a Green Beret with 1st group and 5th group in the 80's and early 90's. This fact has itched at me from time to time. Out of high school I ended up going into the Air Force after a lot of recommendation from friends and family. All of them were Army as I grew up outstide of Ft. Campbell and they were very adamant on me not going to the Army. Dad was never around to persuade me otherwise. Ended up working in Avionics for the B-2 Stealth Bombers which was extremely intellectually stimulating, but the furthest thing from "high-speed" as you can get with in all of the military. I won a bunch of awards, made rank super fast, and found myself bored. This statement is not too brag, but just a fact that I operated very well in the environment. It's jumping through hoops of fire to cross train in the AF, there was overmanning in my afsc so I took an offer to cut my 6 year enlistment at 4 years and pursue education. Five years later and I'm going into my 3rd year of law school in Colorado. I've focused on international law and the law of war and armed conflict. I am applying for Army Jag in the next few months. As stated above my plans are to get in through Jag and go operational as soon as possible. Focusing mostly on the more detailed knowledge such as land nav and small unit tactics. I can already ruck, run, swim, and lift like no other. So If you someone out there is looking to take on a project mentee I would greatly appreciate it.

@Airmanjk03 -

Welcome aboard and best of success to you!

If you have not done so yet, please be sure to read the thread titled, “A Protocol Primer for ShadowSpear” at the top of the Introductions Forum.

Also, before the end of the day please change your avatar. Members often read the forum at work and should not have to worry about seeing unexpected profanity on their screen.

Back