Introduction

Kutya

USMC 0352
Verified Military
Hello. I am a Marine veteran that served in Panama and Desert Storm. My platoon was one of those that tended to get in trouble a lot (sometimes quite serious trouble) when we were all together so they brought in a rather hardcore Gunny as our Platoon Sergeant and he did his best to get sections attached to other units to keep us apart. As a result, I got to train with the Dutch Marines in Curacao, go to Jungle Warfare School in Panama (which was good since we deployed there two weeks after getting back), and various other training and deployments to keep us busy. I never did get that Good Conduct ribbon :(

Nowadays, at 47-years-old, (besides working) I am a voracious reader of history, philosophy, religion, and psychology averaging 50 books per year. I’m politically engaged and I maintain my fitness by training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo and still hit the range to keep on target but not as often as I’d like too. I’m here to learn, listen, and contribute what I can. I think the wisdom that veterans can bring to many conversations is undervalued in a society that seems bent on dividing the populous into bickering factions. Thanks for reading.

Welcome. At first your intro sounded like scenes from Heartbreak Ridge. Lol.

That occurred to me as I wrote it. I thought people might think I was joking around and considered throwing in a line about the "Swede" but thought better of it, Lol.

Back