Introduction

KM

Unverified
Hello,

I am former firefighter/paramedic. I joined the Navy to become a SARC, and I went to BRC twice where I was injured twice. Am blessed to be currently supporting Recon as a regular 8404, and to have been able to attain my FP-C certification. Currently looking to volunteer as a medic or flight medic in the SOCAL area.

Throughout my time in the Navy I have gained an interest in intelligence. Mostly from reading William Donovan's theories on intelligence, and his creation of the OSS. Currently, I look up to Chief Shannon Kent, and a brother of mine doing good work on Pendleton as inspiration. I also have an interest in Cyber Security and SIGINT. Raspberry Pi is my favorite dessert.

And no I do not think intelligence is being Jason Bournebond. It is like medicine 99.9% of your time is doing medical records or preparing for that 0.1% you get to do something kind of cool.

I feel as though I could make a good meld of medicine and intelligence operations. Medicine intrinsically teaches you to interact/interview with other humans and you develop the analytical abilities to diagnose (JK I don't diagnose as a paramedic }:-) ).

Anyways, I am back on this site to seek guidance and learn about Navy HUMINT/CI and SIGINT; and HUMINT with the Guard. Draper seems cool :)

I don't know what I don't know, and I am here to learn.

Also, for those interest in SARC or Recon feel free to message me. However, I want it to be clear that I am not a SARC and I do not claim to be one. I didn't make it through BRC. I failed BRC. I will only tell you what I would have done differently. And the biggest thing I would have done is not try to find out so much about BRC. Ignorance is bliss. Like a SEAL told me recently, he never had to worry about Hell Week until it was time for Hell Week because he knew nothing about Hell Week. Just food for thought as you prepare.

Very Respectfully,

Moose

Back