Introduction

Njordsson

Unverified
Greetings!

My name is Hunter, I am 23 years of age and live in the Northeast of the US. I'm a civilian and have an interest in special operations, primarily SWCC. I enlisted in the Marine Corps after high school but I failed out of DEP back when I was 18. Then, I wasn't in shape and wasn't mentally ready. Physically and emotionally I could have pushed through, I just didn't have the mental fortitude at the time. I have been working and exercising since then. I have made a plan to enlist in they navy by September 2021 with the goal of becoming a SWCC Operator. I look forward to be a part of this great community and contribute anyway I can.

Thanks,
Hunter

Not trying to be condescending, but could you clarify what you mean by you failed out of DEP?

I’ll be here to answer all your SWCC questions and I’m excited to hear about your positive progress.

When I was 18, I was too lazy to exercise. I was out of shape and didn't take the time to run. I've always been a poor runner. I never passed a run during poole functions in a year so I was dropped from the DEP. To this day i'm ashamed of that moment. I've made it my mission to get self together and bust my a** to achieve my goal of joining the military.

When I was 18, I was too lazy to exercise. I was out of shape and didn't take the time to run. I've always been a poor runner. I never passed a run during poole functions in a year so I was dropped from the DEP. To this day i'm ashamed of that moment. I've made it my mission to get self together and bust my a** to achieve my goal of joining the military.
Off point in a welcome thread but young people today have different goals and motivations than I did growing up. Just not as in shape for the most part.
Near 50 now as a kid around 14 I would run as fast as I could upstream in a snake infested river. I figured if I ran fast enough I would never get bit and the water made great resistance training. I played football as a defensive end and set a school record for sacks in a game. I was fast, real fast.

I guess what I am saying to you is if you need to get faster to pass a run test then add a little resistance to your exercise routine.

1583050429266.png

Back