Introduction

Gilakend

Unverified
Hey all,

I'm a current medical student from the midwest, just joining to try and learn as much as I can. I have a strong interest in learning more about SOST, specifically the path for non-prior service civilians. Almost all of the info I could find on SOST outside of .mil websites and a couple of YouTube videos was on this forum so I decided to jump in.

Thank you to all those who have served or are serving and thanks for all the great info.

Welcome. What specialty are you planning on pursuing?

Emergency medicine or orthopedic surgery (which is another point of confusion for me, seeing as I've seen some literature saying ortho is included in SOST and some saying only general surgeons).

Ortho used to be organic to SOST but is no longer. They may augment the team at times but I don't know. I know they do on some other DOD surgical teams. You best bets for far forward medicine are EM, Gen Surg, occasionally anesthesiology.

Ortho used to be organic to SOST but is no longer. They may augment the team at times but I don't know. I know they do on some other DOD surgical teams. You best bets for far forward medicine are EM, Gen Surg, occasionally anesthesiology.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it! Do you mind if I PM you some questions sometime?

Back