Introduction

Slampky

Unverified
Hello everybody,

I've been using this site anonymously for a while now, and thought I'd properly join as I come closer to entering the military.

I am a US-UK National, currently at university in Scotland as a graduating senior. I have some mates joining the UK army via Sandhurst, so I may be able to provide information - at least on the officer side of the shop - for those who are interested!

I see the military as a great way of serving my country, while learning useful life skills. The academic aspect is also a key driver - I hope to be able to utilise my degree to some extent, having focused on the Changing Characteristics of Warfare/Civ-Mil Relations.

I intend on joining the US army, and - like many bright eyed young'ins - am set on going the Ranger/SF route. Regarding branch choice, I hope to be Infantry or MI. However, I am still weighing my options regarding enlisting (Option 40/18X) vs the OCS Officer route.

I understand that there is a long way for me to go until I reach my goals, and I believe that this site will help me realise them. I'm unlikely to be a big poster on this forum, but I would like to say thank you for the information everyone is providing!

With Gratitude,
Slampky

Back