Introduction

mseberger773

Unverified
Hello gentlemen,

First I’d like to say it is an honor to be in a group with such incredible people who’ve done some great things for this great nation we live in. Thank you all for your service.

My name is Matt, I’m 25 years old and reside on the West Side of Chicago. I’m currently married and have two children. I work for my uncle who has a sewer and drain company as a laborer. I’ve always worked jobs that are quite physical whether it’s manufacturing or construction. I can’t stand manufacturing jobs though because I hate being inside all day stuck doing the same repetitious thing over and over again. Construction is cool because I get to work outside and it might be ass busting work but I look at it like I’m getting paid to work out, which is pretty cool. I’m a very driven person and I like placing myself in front of challenges because it helps to to see what my capabilities really are.

What brings me here is that I have a strong desire to join the military however, I want to be sure that I chose the right branch and occupation (if my asvab score allows me) that will be most suitable for me. I’m very much interested in the intelligence field, I enjoy learning about different cultures and I like to consider myself a people person and have no problem going into unfamiliar environments.

If anyone has any advice or sources for me to help me make a more informed decision on which path would be most suitable for me I’d greatly appreciate it.

my asvab score allows me

Get a Kaplan ASVAB study guide on amazon, and focus on the AFQT (no idea what that acronym means, you are going to have to google it) stuff the most, but go through the other stuff. There is no reason to get under a 90 with that book as a study resource unless it’s been a long time since you took math. Even then, you can go to Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice or even YouTube and teach yourself.

Welcome. I joined the Air Force and have never looked back or regretted it. Like most things, it’s what you make it. You have the potential to make it anywhere from corporate America to kicking down doors with sister services. Most of my fun has been supporting Army, but I really enjoy going back home to an Air Force base at the end of the day.

Back