Introduction

FastFish

Unverified
Hi everyone,

First and foremost, I'm honored to be here and to have this opportunity to learn from all of you. Thank you to everyone who keeps this website running it has been a tremendous help for me and i'm sure many other aspiring guys like myself.

I'm 24 years old and from Hawaii. I have been training to enter the SWCC/SEAL pipelines since I was 20. I've been a lurker here on the forums since early 2016. I finally decided to create an account now that I am fully dedicated to earning a contract.

Some things about me:

I love to keep to myself and I spend all of my time doing what I love. Spending time with my family, exercising and my hobbies.
My hobbies are diving, fishing, paddling, surfing, swimming. Anything and everything to do with the ocean. Along with hunting, hiking, running and weightlifting.
I'm about to graduate with my associates degree. I dropped out of college when I was 20 in order focus all of my time pursuing an SO contract. But that fell short when life hit me down and a girl that I thought I was going to marry told me "if you even dare step in a recruiting office I will dump you" :ROFLMAO:

After the ups and downs that i've experienced, I recently hit rock bottom again. But with hitting rock bottom I was able to really see myself for who I am. What I want and to have full clarity for what I want out my existence.

I have nothing but a burning desire to pursue my old dreams from years ago. So once again I am working towards a career in SWCC/SEAL.

My current PST scores (These were taken by myself and not official scores)

Swim: 12:48 (self-taught most likely garbage CSS form)
Pushups: 70
Situps: 82
Pullups: 25
Run: 10:27

Notes on my PST scores.

You would think I would be a fast swimmer since i spent my entire life in the water. I thought so too. That is NOT the case. I decided I am going to hire a swimming coach to help me improve my swims in all areas not just the CSS for the PST.

I'm very confident I can raise my pushups and situps to 110+ within 6 months.

My back strength is disgustingly disproportionate to the rest of my body, I could have gotten more pullups but I figured it didn't matter at that point as my form was starting to waiver.

My run is also weak. I'm trying to find everything I can on how to improve my running form, breathing, long distance, speed, and overall cardiovascular system.

Due to Covid, All of my swim training is done in the ocean until I can find a pool and/or mentor to come along.
My current training consists of:
Running 2-3 miles (soft sand or through the mountains) Every Day
Ocean swims M-F (with a friend)
Weightlifting M-F
Calisthenics/Body Weight exercises (Pushups, Pullups, Situps) Every Day

Weekends are typically supposed to be my days off from extensive training. But I learned that with excellent nutrition and being diligent with allowing my body to recover I can push myself over the weekends as well without overtraining.

Looking forward to learning more,

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, I'm honored to be here and to have this opportunity to learn from all of you. Thank you to everyone who keeps this website running it has been a tremendous help for me and i'm sure many other aspiring guys like myself.

I'm 24 years old and from Hawaii.

Shaka, brah.

Welcome to the site, good luck with your military aspirations.

Back