Introduction

CoffeeBlack

Army Infantry
Verified Military
Hello ShadowSpear Community,

First I’d like to start off by saying thank you for accepting my request to join the community.

I’m an Infantryman currently serving as a section leader on a death machine out of Fort Hood. I’m coming up on 7 years of service and I joined with the the goal and intention of earning the title of Green Beret. For whatever reason I never felt like it was the right time or that I was ever ready but that’s changed significantly since I got back from a Pacific Pathways rotation late last year.

I’ve always been a person who never thought a dream or goal was ever too big but I have been humbled several times at different schools. I know what it’s like to take the easy way out and regret it every moment of my life. Specifically Ranger School where I doubted myself and caved in when I thought I had nothing left. Well that was back in 2018 and I’ve been trying to get back ever since. I would rather die than to ever have that feeling of regret. I would rather die than to feel sorry for myself when I’m the one who asked to be placed in that situation. I would rather die than to choose the easy way out.

That’s how I ended up on this site as I was trying to find a mentor. Not to find someone who will give me the answers but someone to help me develop the tools to be prepared for anything physically and mentally thrown at me.

Once again thank you for letting me join the community and I’m excited to look into the mentorship program.

Back