Karzai orders US special forces out of Afghan province

You know since reading "The Only Thing Worth Dying For," I thought to myself: This guy is truly an idealist. My original ideas about him were that he was a thug, but he was our thug. Why did so many people believe he would be a good man, and he would lead Afghanistan well? All I've seen since reading that book is more men give their lives for our nation, but many that weren't under the operating under the same premise that SF team was in believing he was a good man. Of the two guys we put on money on, the depending on who you read we gave Abdul Haq a sat-phone and sent him on his merry way and he turned up dead a few days after entering Afghanistan.

We then set up Karzai with a PSD, an ODA and they went to work. Seems we put our money on the wrong horse, however I honestly believe if Massoud had not been executed he could have been the one to lead Afghanistan.

Now it's a simple fact that of time, that after our delay action the Northern Alliance will more than likely reform since Karzai will definitely not be able to hold his position...and when Terry comes over the ridge he'll be in some European country sipping a Mai Tai.

I think Karzai is smarter than we sometimes give him credit for and is doing exactly the kinds of things he needs to do to give himself a chance at survival after we bail on him and his country.

I think Karzai is smarter than we sometimes give him credit for and is doing exactly the kinds of things he needs to do to give himself a chance at survival after we bail on him and his country.
Could be, Taliban or A-Q will kill him either way (if he stays in Afghanistan), unless he's switched sides and announces his new allegance after we pull out, even then someone may whack his ass.

Back