Krav Maga and its Brilliant trait of ending situations badly for those who want to do you harm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Unverified
The first 2 years I was in Krav Maga, I got my ass kicked. I still remember my first clasped block of a right hook, my 70 degree clockwise spin to hyperextend the elbow, my momentum flipping the fighter over my back onto his back, and then holding back from stomping his trachea until he could no longer breathe. It took about 6.1 seconds. I know that USMC and SoF CQB styles utilize your weaponry, and/or creating enough distance from the assailant to shoot him in the brain or heart, or have a fellow soldier/sailor/airman shoot him for you. In a way, Krav is also about immediately creating space, then determining the most harmful, debilitating, and if necessary, fatal blow to make.

I advise KRav Maga to anybody thinking of SoF. Im at 6 years now, and I would feel confident in a 1 vs 5 street fight

Situational awareness is a character trait that is highly valued in combat arms. Make sure that you start practicing it here. Just some advice....

I would feel confident in a 1 vs 5 street fight
Speaking as a Krav Maga mil/Leo certified instructor, SOCP Level 2 instructor, PJ ("SOF dude") and BJJ player going on 10 years or so- if you're doing anything that would lead you to say what I quoted, I would advise you to stop doing that.

@Agoge hit the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back