Location and Recruiters

thisisnotmyrealname

Unverified
I live in Nashville, TN, and the closest NG SF group is in AL. It is headquartered about 3hrs away from me, in Birmingham. And my family lives in south Alabama, so that's not bad.

Not knowing much about how ARNG worked, I assumed in the beginning that I could go through my LOCAL recruiter in Nashville, but I've seen now that isn't the case. Any mention of the REP 63 contract is dismissed by my recruiter, and I'm told to enlist and THEN wait and see if I can try out a couple years down the line.

It's apparent I need to directly contact a recruiter from the 20th to proceed correctly. My recruiter has put in work, doing most of my paperwork, and processing my ASVAB. I'm obviously not going to alter my career path just to not hurt the feelings of a recruiter, but what's the proper way to handle this? Bottom line, I need an SF recruiter.

Thanks, all.

If your current recruiter can't make it happen, simply convey to him/her in a professional manner that you are adamant about obtaining a REP 63 contract and have decided to reach out specifically to an SF NG recruiter instead. Processing paperwork and ASVAB scores is what recruiters get paid to do; it is their job. Your recruiter is a grown ass man/woman; don't worry about their feelings getting hurt. Just cut away in a respectful manner and leave it at that.

Retain any paperwork related to your ASVAB test score results, that way you hopefully will not have to take it again once you go elsewhere.

I don't know the POC's, but go through the 20th Group recruiter. He/ She should be able to help you navigate the enlistment minefield.

Good luck.

Thank you, all.

I have reached out to the 20th, via their website, to figure out a new next step. I will respectfully cut ties with my TN recruiter immediately following contact from the 20th. I typed this explanation in the notes section of the application.

As I'm sure they receive an influx of emails daily- with a decent amount probably being ill-considered or whimsical applications- if anyone in this group has a direct contact they could refer me to in the interim, or that they could ask to keep an eye out... I know none of you know me, but I would appreciate it.

Scratch that last part, I already heard back and have very clear steps and a contact. Already loving how much more direct this community is than my current industry.

Back