Marine Corps Wants to Put Silencers on a Whole Infantry Battalion

Are the LMTs carbon fibre like the Bushmasters are? IIRC that was one of the big drawcards so female constables could hold them for longer periods compared to the Rem700s they replaced. So far they seem to have put reasonable quality gear on them so hopefully that carries on.

Didn't realise they went to those, all the general duties Bushmasters I've en counted were standard alloy types. A change to LMT would make sense for them in the long run, Both STG and AOS already use the 7.62mm LMT MWS and the STG apparently went to a version of the CQB 16 to replace their M4's a while back. That was before the NZDF selected them. The MARS-L was a post trials development to the CQB 16.

Didn't realise they went to those, all the general duties Bushmasters I've en counted were standard alloy types. A change to LMT would make sense for them in the long run, Both STG and AOS already use the 7.62mm LMT MWS and the STG apparently went to a version of the CQB 16 to replace their M4's a while back. That was before the NZDF selected them. The MARS-L was a post trials development to the CQB 16.

Ah, I've fucked up here. Someone told me years ago they were CF and when I- all too briefly until being called away- had a look at one a while back I noticed it was very light so I think I unintentionally confirmed bad info in my mind . But I spoke to one of the cops last night and he was saying they were metal receivers. My mistake!

Can be an easy mistake to make. Especially after being used to military rifles with all their add ons, clean AR's/patrol rifles can feel pretty light or a very different balance.

Less hearing loss? Depends on what suppressors they use. Surefire on a 7.62 is still freaking lo
Does surprise me they cited hearing loss, since the services often don't seem to care what folks are burdened with post-service.

Back