Marine poolee in need of advice.

What ever the recruiters try to threaten you with, Fraudulent enlistment, AWOL, Desertion, you can get out of DEP no harm no foul. Either tell your recruiter you don't want to do it anymore and if they don't want to release you then you just don't show up for your ship date. I wanted out of DEP when i was a poolee in the Marines and they made it a pain but I just told them there was nothing they could do I'm not joining. Then i talked to the Army after and then joined the Air Force, none of them seemed to care. You wont be "coded" or anything. Until you are officially out of DEP you wont be able to talk to the other branches. Hope that helps.

What ever the recruiters try to threaten you with, Fraudulent enlistment, AWOL, Desertion, you can get out of DEP no harm no foul. Either tell your recruiter you don't want to do it anymore and if they don't want to release you then you just don't show up for your ship date. I wanted out of DEP when i was a poolee in the Marines and they made it a pain but I just told them there was nothing they could do I'm not joining. Then i talked to the Army after and then joined the Air Force, none of them seemed to care. You wont be "coded" or anything. Until you are officially out of DEP you wont be able to talk to the other branches. Hope that helps.

You’re 100% right, you have the right to back out all the way up to the very last swear in at that point you’ll be going to boot camp the next day. Do it now rather than later I am a Marine going Army after this enlistment to become a Ranger. That being said do what you love and only sign for what field you can see yourself in.

You’re 100% right, you have the right to back out all the way up to the very last swear in at that point you’ll be going to boot camp the next day. Do it now rather than later I am a Marine going Army after this enlistment to become a Ranger. That being said do what you love and only sign for what field you can see yourself in.
Pm in bound on going Army.

Back