Mississippi Marching Band loses it collective mind....

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Filed under: Holy shit, this really happened.

Mississippi governor condemns high school band’s halftime show

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is condemning a high school band for a football halftime performance that he said was “unacceptable in a civilized society.”

Many are saying the performance Friday night by the band from Forest Hill High School depicted students dressed as doctors and nurses pointing toy guns at SWAT team members prone on the ground, WLBT-TV reported.

Bryant issued his condemnation Saturday in a tweet.

The performance was held at the high school in Brookhaven where two police officers were killed in the line of duty Sept. 29 responding to a call of shots fired, the station reported

A1394E3C-A571-47A0-8411-86FF0F46103A.jpeg

Holy hell. I saw the headline and assumed they were in Cali; never would have guessed Mississippi.

Okay, True Confessions. I was a Band Geek, was in marching band in high school and college, even did drum and bugle corps. When I was in college I worked as staff with my high school marching band. The goal is to entertain and challenge the students, no political messages, no drama, just entertainment. Holy hell, what is this world coming to??

"Inspired by John Q"

I don't remember the hospital staff getting into a gunfight with police in that movie....

Ok, doctors, holding up SWAT team memebers...Ummmm yeah.

That's some twisted bullshit. But...be advised...I'm not outraged, because if I got outraged about this kind of crap I'd be outraged everyday. This is the New America, the new normal.

No "reasonable facsimile of a firearm will be tolerated on school grounds, unless pointed at a LEO or similar characterization thereof as a prop in a bizarre performance".

I bet these people wonder all the time why their lives are so screwed up.

Band Director scripted it, he should be arrested for allowing/supplying weapons by/to students.

Agreed! He really led those kids down a bad path, politics aside. This is a tip of the iceberg example of how kids are being conditioned in HS and college.

LE pull back and let them all kill each other off. Inexcusable period.

Back