Modern War Institute at West Point Featuring... Your Military Paraphernalia?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
For my military friends in general, and West Point grads in particular:

One of the (many) things we are doing at the Modern War Institute here at West Point is renovating and updating our office spaces and our “War Room” library. Pictures are below. As part of that effort, I’m looking for interesting items to display in our trophy cases and on the walls of the War Room. As you can see from the photos below, we have quite an eclectic mix of weapons, battle streamers, uniforms, and other items related to either warfare or life at West Point… but we have room for a little more.

Some of the things on display are mine, but they are staying here at the Academy after I move on. I’m at the “giving” vs. “getting” stage of life, and I’d rather have some of the things I’ve collected over the years be on display here where people can see them, touch them, and maybe feel inspired by them, instead of being tossed in a box in my garage or hanging out in my gun safe forever. I think a lot of other veterans feel the same way.

So if you have something you’d like to add, please send me a private message and if we have room for it, I’d love to work it in. The more unique or unusual, the better. We don’t have room for everything, but I’d like to fill some of the space we do have. Everything we get will be added to the property book and marked with a “donated by” tag that explains its provenance and who donated it.

The “War Room” is both a meeting room and a study library for cadets, so I’m particularly interested getting a few more West Point-related items. I didn’t go to school here so I don’t have a lot of Academy paraphernalia. So if you have something unique or special that you’d like permanently on display in a place where cadets, faculty, and VIPs will see it and be able to interact with it, let’s talk.

IMG_4157.jpgIMG_4165.jpgIMG_4166.jpgIMG_4163.jpgIMG_4164.jpgIMG_4167.jpgIMG_4161.jpg

Back