Modification to MARSOC App for Primer Course Preparation

CupCake

Unverified
I posted this in the Mentor section for MARSOC and RECON but know it would be appropriate here too.

Greetings all,

I'm currently training for a lat move to the 0321 community in the summer of 2020 and I've cobbled together a modification to the MARSOC program they give to Selection candidates.

I liked some of the PT that the program has but felt like the swimming wasnt on par with what BRPC expects you to be able to do from the get go. I put this together using the 10 week app, the MCIWS preparation guide that's on the Marines official website, some workouts from Military Athlete and some was tailored towards my personal strengths and weaknesses.
I'm 5'11 and about 225 and trying to cut to 185 before july of this year to help with my overall endurance.

I'll post the program in the next message.

-Monday:
AM workout:
MARSOC app run workout (3 miles of running and calisthenics)
PM Workout:
Finning (cammies and kickboard), mock deep end card
-Tuesday:
AM workout:
MARSOC app ruck workout ( 2 mile ruck run, PT with ruck, 2 mile ruck run)
PM workout:
MCIWS Card, mock deep end card
-Wednesday:
AM workout:
Pig egg PT plus pullups, shuttle runs, and PFT intervals (run 400-800m at goal pft pace, rest 30-45 seconds for multiple sets)
PM workout:
swim sprints with breast stroke (usually 100 meters with a minute of rest for multiple sets), mock deep end card
-Thursday:
AM workout:
Long run, moderate pace (6 miles or more to build an aerobic base up)
PM workout:
distance strip swim with combat side stroke (side stroke 250 meters, do pool pt, remove blouse etc. until slick), mock deep end card
-Friday:
(this I do all at once)
Mock PFT with pushups, Double O course for time, 500 meter swim in cammies for time, 30:00 tread
-Saturday:
AM workout:
Long ruck day, RPAT prep (8-12 miles at 15:00 per mile minimum)
PM workout:
MCIWS Card, Mock Deep end card

The main goals I have are MCIWS prep, BRPC prep, and bodyweight strength and endurance. Most of my running is geared toward a 300 PFT since that's my main weakness right now but I feel like dropping more weight the speed will come naturally. If anyone who has made it through the pipeline has any thoughts on what I'm doing as a potential candidate feel free to let me know.

What's the point in going to MCIWS prior to BRC? The course isn't intended to be a stepping stone to prepare you for BRC... I only say this because I thought the same thing many moons ago. Maybe look into Mountain Tactical, they've got programs built specific to BRC, A&S, ITC, PFT, CFT, whatever physical event you can think of.

I don't think he is saying he wants to go to that prior, but is using it as swimming reference for his training.

What's the point in going to MCIWS prior to BRC? The course isn't intended to be a stepping stone to prepare you for BRC... I only say this because I thought the same thing many moons ago. Maybe look into Mountain Tactical, they've got programs built specific to BRC, A&S, ITC, PFT, CFT, whatever physical event you can think of.

I understand it's not a stepping stone to BRC, but my chain of command doesnt. The scenario my platoon sergeant has laid out for me is going MCIWS will build my portfolio more so my command wont think I quit the first week, since we have had a lot of guys go to A&S and not pass the initial 300 meter swim qual.

Back