My Introduction

Axman15

Verified Military
Greetings!

I feel fortunate to have a resource such as this available to utilize, I am a former infantry Marine who enlisted a bit later than most of my peers, I spent 6 years with my reserve unit, deploying with them once to Iraq in 2007/2008. After my deployment ended I made two serious attempts to deploy yet again with another unit going to Afghanistan, but due to politics and battalion's manning restrictions I could not leave my parent company and thus was forced to serve the remainder of my time in with my unit training CONUS.

After these two attempts I started doing the Citizen/Marine/Soldier thing and worked for over 3 years with a federal law enforcement agency, I progressed as quickly as I could in this job but eventually found myself hitting the glass ceiling after 3 years and then I decided to move my career into the PMC sector, which found me attending Triple Canopy's WPS training/vetting course in the spring of 2012.

Since then I have deployed to various overseas locations in support of the State Department's WPS program and as of most recently I find myself here in Baghdad, Iraq at the embassy in the International Zone. I enjoy my current career and I consider this profession to be extremely rewarding not only from a monetary sense but also from a personal sense, which to a guy like myself is far more important.

Throughout my short career into the military / law enforcement / PMC worlds, I have also had the utmost respect for the SF community and a deep desire to join the ranks. I would be the very first to say I can claim the same sort of accomplishments that so many of these esteemed gentleman have attained, nor would it be said that I feel myself in the same circles. But I will admit to a desire to attain to that level and that is why I am here.

Thank you for providing such a resource and such a community.

Semper Fidelis

Back