New Glock 19 Gen 4 FS

Kraut783

SOF Support
So, was looking to get a Glock 19...partly due to our department streamlining caliber choices. Ended up buying a Glock 19 Gen 4 with front serrations (admittedly I like the look of FS).

GT's had them for a good price, came with 3 mags and night sights. I never did like the Gen 4 grip feel when they first came out.....but the gen 4 grip feels pretty damn good, feels like they changed it a bit.

Glock 19 Gen 4 FRT 9mm Serr GNS XMC XSS 15Rd Mag adds several enhanced features to the world's top concealed carry pistol, including front cocking serrations, steel sights, Extended Slide Stop Lever and Extended Magazine Catch. The front cocking serration

Last edited:
I CCW a G19 with streamlight TLR1 light. I begged @policemedic to replace the shitty stock sights with Vickers/Wilson combats. Replaced mag release and slide stop, nothing else. I like that Glock has the blue label discount and gives it to all emergency services and the like.

M.
Same here, though I might buy a MOS (have the RMR) and not worry about my old-eyes picking up the sights.

Our Team is looking at optics for their pistols....if they do it and it goes well, the rest of the department will probably allow them...for those that want to.

But hell, we just got approval for line troops to use pistols lights.....O_o

For us, the MOS pistol is the key. If we had to modify the pistol by milling the slide and changing it from factory specs it would be a no-go, but since the gun was designed for an optic we're in a much better position.

We’re still in a holding pattern. Our team firearms guy claims he’s heard from SOF sources about problems with the RMR fogging in certain environments and that is giving him pause.

In fairness, our summers are known for high humidity. His issue is moving from a car with the AC on out into a 95 degree 90-100% humidity night...he’s afraid the RMR will fog based on info he’s received.

I’ve never experienced this, but my pistol/RMR lives a concealed life. We’re probably going to have to acquire test Unit and see for ourselves when the weather warms up.

I can see where that would give some pause....thanks for the update. I know one of our TL's is wanting to test this with our admin, but there aren't a lot of PD's that are messing with RMR's.

Now, if the IACP magazine had a positive article about the use of RMR's in PD's...we would have them tomorrow...heh

Last edited:
Back